Bayou Bend Family Days
Tours, Performances, Activities & More
Bayou Bend Family Days welcome you for fun and learning during selected months, usually on the third Sunday.*
Admission is free! Enjoy:
- Station-guided house tours of the first floor (children under 10 are welcome!)
- Access to Bayou Bend's remarkable historic gardens
- Performances by fantastic musicians, puppeteers, dancers, storytellers, and more
- Craft activities suited for young children
- Educational themes related to aspects of Bayou Bend
- Exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops centered around the day's theme
The first-floor house tours are hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman's Club. Giveaways and promotions are offered through media sponsor Houston Public Radio (KUHF 88.7 and KUHA 91.7 FM).
*Check the calendar for specific days.
**On selected dates, Family Day is presented jointly with Rienzi! Complimentary transportation between the two house museums is provided.
Sunday, September 18, 2016, 1–5 p.m.
Engage with cultural traditions and influences that Spanish-speaking peoples brought to America.
Sunday, October 16, 2016, 1–5 p.m.
Texas Legends and Energy Legacies
Discover Texas History—from the energy industry to railroads, cattle ranches, NASA, and the Alamo.
**Sunday, November 20, 2016, 1–5 p.m.
Explore the connections between great art and writing.
Sunday, January 15, 2017, 1–5 p.m.
African American Heritage
Participate in programs and activities that honor the rich cultural heritage of African Americans.
Sunday, February 19, 2017, 1–5 p.m.
Inventions and Innovations
Learn about our nation’s landmark inventions and great innovators.
Sunday, March 19, 2017, 1–5 p.m.
Spring into the Season
Enjoy springtime in Houston with programs and activities celebrating nature’s glory.
**Sunday, April 23, 2017, 1–5 p.m.
Remember the Ladies: Women in America
Explore women’s history through the afternoon’s activities.